Monday, March 29, 2010

Kid's Day

This weekend was Kid's Day at the park downtown. This being our first experience at a kid type festival, we didn't know what to expect. It was really cool! Avery was a little young for everything, but we had a great time. When we drove up, we saw this massive King Kong gorilla slide and all these different rides. They also had fair type food and a petting zoo. Needless to say we were too big (or too small) for the rides. Although, I think Tim would've definitely gone down the gorilla slide if they would've let him. The petting zoo was great. There was a camel, miniature horse, donkey, ox, and some goats. I'm sorry but goats freak me out. I always think of Beelzebub. Ugh.
Avery has been crawling up a storm. We're slowly getting everything baby proofed. Everyone was right when they said baby proof early. Now we're kind of in the "rush before she hurts herself" mode. Oh, and Avery's new toy, the door stopper, has seen it's last days. We are now switching to the one piece/ non-choking hazard kind. I'm sure she'll find something else to entertain herself. Hopefully a little less dangerous.
I just want to send happy thoughts and prayers out to my friend Candy. She's due with her second baby anytime and has been having a rough time of it. So please be thinking of her for me. I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!

Kid's Day
Tim, Avery, Jacqueline, & Kristen
Cassie, Avery, Cousins Jason, & Bella Grace with Mr. Camel

45 Weeks
Smiling because I'm telling her not to touch the blocks
She has finally decided she wants my camera


1 comment:

Alison said...

I don't know why I'm so surprised by how much she's grown, but I am every time I see a new weekly block picture. My goodness, in about 7 weeks, she's going to be ONE! It seems like she was born just yesterday. Time has a way of playing tricks on you with your children, doesn't it?