Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Little Gym

Avery and I joined our cousins Bella Grace and Katie in a gym class for 4 month to 10 month old babies. Our intro class was last week and today we had our first real session. O.K., I know...a gymnastics class for infants??? It really is great though. There is music, bubbles, balance beams, rings, and lots of other fun things. The girls are too cute playing with each other and Katie and I get some adult conversation (always a plus).
We are trying more new foods since the princess is 8 months old now. She is eating her first meats(chicken and turkey) and we're trying mango tomorrow. I make most of her baby food, so we get to try a lot of different things. The one generic store bought baby item I tried last week was Gerber sweet potato puffs to practice finger foods. Um, that didn't go so well. Apparently these items are mostly made of wheat...which come to find out, Avery is allergic to. I'm hoping this is something she will grow out of (like I have). Wheat is in everything!! Cherrios even. I ended up buying unsalted rice cakes to break up for her to practice. We'll see how she does with those.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. Oh, and go Cocks! They beat #1 ranked Kentucky last night in basketball!!

Avery and Bella Grace on the parachute
On the cheese wedge. I think that's a "love pat" Avery is giving her cousin

Avery's classic presentation of allergy related hives from her wheat puffs :(

36 WEEKS
We're going to have to move those blocks further away next time :)


No comments: