Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Barbeque and Showers...literally

This past weekend was packed with baby showers, barbeque, and a bunch of rain.  Saturday afternoon we went to my friend Candy's son's 1 year old birthday party.  He is so cute and is really turning into a little man.  The best was watching him figure out how to eat the birthday cake with his hands-so funny.  Then, in a tsunami type rain fall we drove to Prosperity for a barbeque shower honoring Sophia & Gayle's little one to be.  It was a lot of fun, but I felt so bad for the hosts. It was supposed to be an outdoor party at the lake house...um, not so much.   Anyway if you notice frizzy hair in the pictures, you know why.  
Sunday, my girls gave me a baby shower at Elizabeth's house.  It was so nice to be with everyone again.  All my girls have moved far away :(.   I guess not everyone is as lame as me to live 4 miles from their parents in the town they grew up in.  Oh, and I also have a new craving. Elizabeth had this sparkling pink lemonade drink- I must have had 5 glasses of it.  Yummy!  I could drink that and eat cookies all day long. Anyway, here are some pics from the bbq and shower.  Only 2 more days until the weekend!

Tim, Shaunna, Carlos - drinking beer, no fair!

Aunt Connie, Shaunna, Mom, and "the Whale"


Sophia 31 1/2 weeks, Cassie 33 weeks

The gals:  Shaunna, Staci, Elizabeth, Candy, Cassie

My Summer--how cute is she?!


Ahh, just like high school again: Elizabeth, Cassie, Candy, Staci, & Becky







1 comment:

Alison said...

You do not look like a whale---you look beautiful! I only wish I could have been there to "shower" you with compliments in person. I hope all is well! 7 more weeks--holy cow!!!!