Monday, March 14, 2011

Fun Outside and Remembering Papa

     We are finally getting some warmer weather here for multiple days in a row. It has been so nice to get out and enjoy the parks and the backyard.  You can tell that all the parents are tired of being cooped up too.  The parks have been crazy busy.  Avery's term for outside is "out-sun".  It makes sense. It's really funny seeing how a little one's mind works.  
     We decided it would be nice to have Avery potty trained before the new baby comes.  There is this E book that Aunt Gina got for us that tells you how to potty train in 3 days.  You're supposed to start around 22 months of age.  It has worked for a ton of people, so we thought we'd give it a try.  Let's just say that I smelled like pee for almost a week, but we started to make some progress. Then we got some sad news and ended up shelving the training for a little while.  Now we've got the girl in pull ups and she'll usually pee on the potty before her nap & bedtime.  Anyway, I may try again in a couple months, but I'm pretty over the underwear only technique for now. (2 cans of carpet cleaner later).
     Most of you know we said good bye to my grandfather a little over a week ago.  The service was beautiful and it was wonderful reminiscing about some of Papa's moments in life.  He lived to be 90 years old!  Papa was a brilliant man. He was one of New York Life's top agents (#8 out of 8000!) and really loved talking to Tim about all things business. He was also extremely funny.  More recently he would always announce what was in each Christmas package before we opened it. "Oh, that is definitely a sweater...pair of socks, that ones a blouse!"   It really made us laugh.  One other favorite story was  when he gave my Mema a corset as a gift.  She was so mad that she didn't see there was money underneath it!  The next year he played it safe and gave her a mink...smart man ;),  Papa was truly a giving, selfless person.  Anyone that needed help he was there. We will miss you Papa!
I'm still feeling good, now that I've gotten past the 20 weeks of nausea. My belly seems so much bigger this go around.  I feel like I have 3 shirts that really fit me.  I'm getting closer and closer to wearing sweatpants and T-shirts everyday, so fashionistas beware!
I hope everyone has a wonderful week and happy belated birthday to Dad and Rachel!
Fun Outside

Wearing Mommy's Shoes
Notice she has the left on the right and vice versa. Didn't seem to bother her shuffling.
25 Weeks preggers
My trusty sweatpants
Always my little princess
Potty Training attempt 1
How cute does she look in her big girl underwear though?!
Mmm...home made yogurt & mango popsicle
This was also her favorite place to pee. She would just kick her legs straight out and say" Pee Pee!"
Remembering Papa
Papa holding baby Cassie
Me in Papa's NY Life hat
Check out my fly hair do!

Papa's 90th birthday celebration

Avery 22 Months
"Helping" Mommy with the blocks
"I felt the 'M' needed to be moved.  Don't you think it gives it that certain... something?"
Tickling her neck
Little one struggling to climb in the chair by herself

Avery's First Vocal Lesson

Counting to 10
Avery was a little subdued when I got the video camera out this afternoon.  I tried to get her counting up to twenty, but she wasn't in the mood. Her twenty sounds exactly like her "computer".  It's hilarious! I'll see if I can get it next time.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Cassie, she's so smart! And beautiful! And so are you---you are such a gorgeous pregnant woman!!! I only wish I was closer so that I could see you in person. I miss you!