Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Christmas in January, Aunt Genie's 60th, Shaunna's 29th(??), & Valentine's

     I am officially in nesting mode.  It's pretty overwhelming all the things that need to get done before the new baby comes.  I, of course, have a nice list and I'm slowly crossing off items.  That little line meaning something accomplished is so rewarding.  Sigh, I love lists.  Anyway, we've been busy but doing well.  Avery is really getting a nice vocabulary.  Her latest word is bicycle.  She has also started saying thank you instead of just signing it.  She always follows it up by welcome...as if it's one word. "Thank ooo, welcome!"  Pretty cute.
     Gabrielle, Ben, and Rachel came to visit last month for Christmas.  It was great to see them. I think they had a good time hanging out with their little niece.  Avery was practicing saying all of their names & she did pretty well. We can't wait to see you guys again soon! 
     We visited Papa and celebrated Aunt Genie's birthday the end of last month.  We had a wonderful time and found a new restaurant to enjoy when we visit.  Papa was doing alright.  He's had a lot of back pain recently, but was in good spirits when we saw him.  He also knew Avery's name when she walked in the door.  That made us feel really good. 
     This past weekend we celebrated Shaunna's birthday.  She looked amazing.  I felt like I hadn't seen her in forever! We went out to dinner and then met up for a quick shopping trip the next day.  Saturday night my parents babysat so that we could have a Valentine's Day dinner.  Tim and I along with Carlos and Amy went to the BEST italian restaurant at the beach.  It was to die for! Thanks for the wonderful visit Shaunna!

Christmas in January
Gabrielle, Rachel, & Ma
Avery & Boompa
Gabrielle, Ben, & Rachel
Cassie & Nancy
Rachel, Ma, & Hollie
Play date with Gus and Katie

Aunt Genie's 60th Birthday 
Uncle Jimmy, Aunt Genie, & Cassie
Dad, Mom, Carlos, & Amy
Embarrassing Aunt Genie with a surprise birthday cake & song
Avery with her Aunt Amy.  Amy can always get her to smile. 
Uncle Carlos with the ladies

Shaunna's Birthday
Dad and Mom with their other daughter (the evil one, but their favorite one)
Cassie & Shaunna
Feeling up the baby bump
Tim mackin'
Avery with Aunt Shaunna
Applauding Aunt Shaunna's taste in friends and goddaughters 
The family out at lunch


Sitti and Poppy giving Avery her valentine
Avery 21 Months





No comments: