I hope everyone had a great Turkey Day! Ours was wonderful. We spent lunch with the Sinclairs and got to see Tim's sister and her husband. Avery warmed right up to them. They were so sweet. After a tasty lunch we had dinner at Mom and Dad's. Momma Barbara, Sophia, Gayle, and Russell drove all the way here to spend Thanksgiving with us. Not only that, they brought some amazing food. Tim and I made some grape leaves to join Sophia's tabouli. Soooo yummy! I ate so much that I got sick that night, but it was definitely worth it. How often to you get lebanese cuisine?
We also had a one year old birthday party the weekend before. Little Gus has the most adorable face. I could just eat him up! Katie did a wonderful job with his party. It was a sock monkey theme. I know, how cute is that?? I don't think Avery really understood that all those presents weren't for her. There was another toddler there also and they joined in the present opening. Gus just rolled with it. He didn't seem to mind. Gus really makes me want a little boy. Sigh...of course it would be amazing for Avery to grow up having a sister too :).
Yesterday, our cousins Jessica and baby James came to see us. It is really wonderful to watch the two babies grow up together. There only a few weeks apart in age. James is looking like a little man and is so tall! He blows the sweetest kisses. The kids are both learning how to share, so we had to be on our toes ;). Jessica is pregnant again too. The second babies are due within a couple of weeks of each other. It's amazing to have Jessica to talk to when we are going through the same things at the same time. Love them!
I had my 12 week ultrasound yesterday and everything looks great. The baby was flipping around and waving. The doctor asked Avery where the new baby was and Avery looked in the mirror and pointed to herself. We're going to have to work on that :). I hope everyone has a great week and good luck with all of the Christmas shopping.
Gus' First Birthday Party
 |
| Avery trying out one of Gus' gifts |
 |
| Katie, Gus, and BJ |
 |
| Sock Monkey Overalls! |
Thanksgiving with the Sinclairs
 |
| Uncle Ben and Aunt Gabrielle with Avery and Me |
 |
| The Fam |
 |
| Nancy and Ma |
 |
| Swingin' |
Thanksgiving at Mom and Dad's
 |
| Avery and Russell |
 |
| "Listen to how loud I can yell!" |
 |
| Avery with her Sitti |
 |
| Shaunna and Cassie (with a little baby bump :) ) |
 |
| Yes, we are fierce. Sophia, Cassie, and Shaunna |
 |
| Uncle Gayle, Russell, Tim, Avery, and Momma Barbara |
 |
| Hello little Pilgrim |
 |
| Yes, Avery has her Uncle Carlos wrapped around her little finger |
 |
| Uncle Carlos and Aunt Amy |
 |
| Avery trying to give Russell a kiss |
 |
| The Princess loved my Mom's turkey so much, she licked Shaunna's fingers! |
Visit with Jessica and James
 |
| Jessica and James with 'gangsta' Avery. Her new thing is to walk around the house with her winter hat on. |
 |
| The annual picture |
No comments:
Post a Comment