Wow, my first Mother's Day. It sounds so odd to say. Last year at this time, I was extremely pregnant and was just hoping the baby would come soon. Now, we have a beautiful little girl to help celebrate this special day. Well, first I woke up to the sweetest cards from Tim, Avery, and Finlay. This was the first time that day I teared up. Tim also got me a zoo membership (so excited for Avery to play with the animals). Then, we had a lovely church service and blessing for all the mothers. After that, we went to an amazing mediterranean restaurant to celebrate with my family. We did the whole family style meal with the lebanese food we love: grape leaves, tabouli, baba ghanoush, kibbi, and finished it off with a chocolate pizza. Can you say the perfect meal??? Mom and Dad gave me a gorgeous watch and Carlos and Amy gave me a beautiful locket with Avery's picture. They were so sweet and thoughtful. This was the other time a teared up that day. I've become very...what's the word...mushy since having Avery. Anyway, nothing wrong with that.
Later on, we celebrated with the Sinclairs at their house. Sutton grilled hamburgers, hotdogs, and my favorite-asparagus. We also got to spend some time with Tim's cousins Boo and Josh. It was very nice sitting out on the porch and relaxing. In fact, Tim and I were so exhausted from the day's activities, we completely forgot to take pictures that night. But, I do have some from the lunch and Avery's 51 Week pics. Oh, and one other amazing Mother's day gift- my friend Alison welcomed her beautiful twin babies this week. They came a little early, but are doing well. Congratulations Alison and Kyle!!!
Avery and I with the most amazing woman I know. Love you Mom!!
Amy, Carlos, Tim, and Avery
The Staring Contest. My money's on the short one.
My special girls
51 WEEKS
Tea party (Thanks Dave and Kathleen for the set, she loves it!)
Finlay showing is disproval of the baby gates
No comments:
Post a Comment