Thursday, May 20, 2010

Avery's First Birthday

Can you believe it? The Princess is a year old! She has been such an amazing addition to our lives. Tim and I have enjoyed every second of being with little Avery. She is such a happy little baby and so funny! Even Finlay loves to give her kisses and lets her pet him. We just want to say a big thank you to everyone who helped us survive this first year of parenthood. From all the emotional support to all the babysitting, we couldn't have done it without our friends and family. So thank you and we love you all!
We had Avery's one year doctor appointment and she is still a munchkin. She weighs 16lb 12 oz (1.6 percentile) and is 27.5 inches in length (9th percentile). The doctor says she's doing great. We're starting her on real food and milk. I'm kinda nervous about it, but she seems to be doing pretty well. Of course, we also had Avery's first birthday party. It couldn't have turned out better. We had beautiful weather and wonderful friends and family to share it with. I couldn't have done it without my sister Shaunna. She worked her little butt off all weekend helping me prepare, decorating the cake, clean up, and helping me not to freak out. She knows I owe her big time, but thank you Shanaenae!! Here are a bunch of pictures from our day. Enjoy!

Part 1: Pre-Party
Avery's 52 Week pic. Opening presents from Mommy and Daddy
The amazing decorating talents of Chef Shaunna. This was a gluten free, dairy free cake. It actually tasted really yummy.
Yard sign
Centerpieces
Cupcakes for the guests (not gluten or dairy free :) )
Chocolate Finlay's for the party favors. I made pink ones and also some larger Finlay suckers
Avery's Birthday Attire

Part 2: PARTY!
Friends and Family
Hmm...what's in there?
Cake Time!
Post-cake hair salvaging
Swimming with Aunt Carolyn


No comments: