Monday, September 28, 2009

Baptism of Russell & Avery

This weekend, Avery and her little cousin Russell were baptized together in a beautiful ceremony. They both looked like little cherubs. I also think they looked like little pilgrims in their bonnets. It was so cute. They are starting to notice each other more now. Avery couldn't stop staring at him and Russell was all about giving her kisses.
The ceremony went well, but there were a few bumps in the road. A baptism in our church includes the mother, father, baby & the 2 godparents. Unfortunately, at the last minute Russell's godparents weren't able to make it. But my parents were able to step in thank goodness. And of course we were running late getting to the church. Everyone wanted to hold Avery when we got there but we didn't even have her dressed yet. We threw her outfit on and made it into the sanctuary just in time. Avery did really well during the ceremony, but little Russell wasn't a happy camper. Father thought it was funny though. He said we had just inducted the newest member of our choir to the church :)
After the baptism, my parents and Mamma Barbara gave a beautiful luncheon for them. The food was amazing and it was great for some of our friends & family to meet the babies for the first time. We really appreciated everyone coming. It really gives you the "warm fuzzies" inside to know that we are so loved :).

The ceremony with
Father Bob presiding

George, Russell, Sophia, Cassie, Avery, Tim, & godparents Shaunna & Carlos

Avery wondering why Russell is screaming

Fairy Godmother Shaunna

The luncheon

Avery's 19 week pics

Tim- future politician???


2 comments:

Shanaenae said...

yeah Sinclair for legistlator!!! I love it. That was so sweet of your mom and Momma Barbara to throw such a great luncheon, thank them for me. I had a happy belly for the drive home. Love the pics, it will be such a sweet keepsake for Avery when she is older, I wish they had this around when I was growing up

Dana Crumpton said...

The Baptism was great! Your little princess did so good! Congrats! Hope all is well! Tell Tim, I would vote for him :) lol!